Saturday 11 April 2015

April Charitable Cause - Cancer Research UK.


Some of My frequent readers will be aware that outside of the BDSM/Fetish world; I am a keen philanthropist who regularly raises funds for various charities. For the last few months; My charity of choice has been Rotherham Hospice, in memory of My late Grandfather.

While that campaign is still on-going via My Just Giving page (https://www.justgiving.com/Mistress-Cristal/), I am also separately raising funds for Cancer Research UK.

Last night, I lost another family member to cancer. That brings it to a total of 4 family members who have fought and lost a battle to the disease -  Breast Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Lung Cancer and finally Bone Cancer. 

Cancer is a terrible disease not just for the sufferer but for loved ones. It doesn't care who it affects. It is not selective. And it robs around 162,000 UK people of loved ones every year. That's a lot of deaths - and even more broken hearts.

I would like to see a day where cancer is completely wiped out, and we aren't forced to watch our loved ones slowly disappear in a painful, agonising death. Cancer is a monster and it needs to be completely eradicated.

So I invite you to consider making a donation of any amount to Cancer Research via My Go Fund Me link. Every penny you give will be donated to Cancer Research UK and I will be posting regular updates on the amounts raised, each month. This particular campaign will be open until October, so please give what you can - in memory of a loved one YOU have lost to cancer and because you too want wipe out cancer for good.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment